We have a new website! Relaunch flash sale, 40% off all blog + marketing audits
It’s me, Mario! Today I’m introducing something new: a weekly post with my goals, photos, and vlogs from the past week to reflect, look back and be a little more personal on the blog.
When I first started this blog I wanted to get super personal, but along the way, with a busy work life I kinda neglected this aspect, and I think it’s time to bring it back!
I’d like to recap my Instagram + Snapchat Stories here, as they disappear after a while and I put a lot of effort in it (no shame). It comes very naturally to me to create them, but it doesn’t really come naturally to me to share everything I do. So maybe I can work on this by publishing them here as well.
Follow me on Instagram + Snapchat!
With a monthly income report, a look inside my life and accountability! I’m a goal digger and write my goals down every. single. day. multiple. times.
Don’t ask me why, but it feels good to stay focused. Without goals, I’m lost, and without to do lists, I’m drowning.
Without goals, I’m lost, and without to do lists, I’m drowning.
I decided to share my weekly goals + to do lists with you to give you a behind the scenes look. This helped me a lot when I was starting out, so hopefully, you like it too!
New to this blog?
I’m Noni May and I work as a blogger, online business owner, and writer/photographer. I’m committed to helping bloggers, small biz owners, solopreneurs, entrepreneurs & professionals create a business + life they’re happy about through awesome automations, content marketing, PR/free publicity and the right tools for an awesome digital nomad lifestyle and kick-ass photography!
Besides business, blogging, social media, marketing/PR and money talk, I also blog about all things travel! I travel as often as possible, I’d call myself a digital nomad. Some of the things I also write about are travel guides, travel hacks and about the digital nomad lifestyle.
I have previously worked with brands like Disney, Uber, Universal, Bacardi, Levi’s, Lipton Ice Tea, National Bank of Australia, Melbourne Racing Club, Ecosia, Australian Open, Mailchimp, TEDx, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Kinfolk Magazine and more.
If you want to work with me, click here.
If you want to learn more about my online courses about blogging, money, productivity and PR click here.
Recap last week:
Last week I worked 72 hours exact on my businesses. It’s the first week since I’ve been back from fulltime traveling (3 weeks now) that I have tracked my hours, so it was a biggie. I didn’t realize I worked this much because I worked 7 days but I still had a lot of time to work out, meet friends and Netflix. How awesome! I guess it’s all about priorities and ambition. The first weeks after coming back I had such a hard time just sitting for hours and hours, as all I did traveling was exploring and hiking. But I’m starting to get into the work hard mode again.
It feels so good to match my working hours to my ambition, as fulltime traveling is an awesome way to live, but it’s hard not be able to work as much as you want without a proper iMac or wifi (hi Australia – I’m talking about you!).
I also realized that my income will massively grow if I work more than 10 hours a week, which is a great motivator. It sounds obvious, but when you can make a living off just working a couple of hours, it’s really easy to just chill. But now I’d like to go big.
Popular posts published:
5 Reasons why you should build a profitable blog to make passive income online now, before even thinking about building an online business or going freelance (including free ‘passive income 101’ ebook)
Here are the to do’s for this week (weekly Goals):
- Publish the 3-part video training that I’ve recorded to show you all how to make a living as a blogger with <10k followers. It’s not too late to sign-up and join the training <10k followers, >$10k income.
- Work on my content strategy for the rest of 2017. I’d like to write and schedule all the content for 2017, so I can focus on my courses the rest of the year. I also have a couple of awesome collaborations lined up, so I can’t wait to have a little bit more freedom without daily writing (which I absolutely love!).
- Publish my first income report of 2017 (yes really!). I decided to pick up the income reports again, as it’s a great way for bloggers and online entrepreneurs to learn how others earn their income online. Click here to read my income reports.
- Do my admin + taxes from quarter 3. Yaay 😐 (I use Freshbooks)
- Get started with Linx, a great solution to add multiple links to your Instagram bio! Check it out here, it’s completely free!
- I’m launching two new courses this month, and although the content is all set, I still have a ton of things to do from sales + cart pages, visuals, funnels, email marketing and more. I’ll talk about this more when I can – stay updated by signing up for my newsletter.
Check out the ultimate side hustle business kit resources if you’re building something too.
- I have a couple of cool Instagram collaborations coming, so I need to shoot the content.
- I want to update a couple of old blog posts that didn’t meet their potential or that are outdated. Last week I wrote a blog post about this and the best tips on how to update your old blog posts, including the checklist I personally use to increase my traffic and income by doing so!
- Shut down the hosting accounts I don’t use. I’ve recently purchased another Bluehost hosting account, but I don’t really need it now. I also have a Squarespace site that I need to downgrade. ????
- Get started with ClickFunnels. I recently got started with ClickFunnels and I can’t wait to set up my funnels!
- Work on my Shopify store. I’ve set everything up, but I still need to decide on a great selection of products to sell.
- I wanted to try some Fiverr gigs, like buying a bundle of 20 Pinterest visuals with text that I deliver for just $5. Usually, I created them myself, but I want to experiment more with different designs. I’ve quite an advanced Pinterest strategy already by using a combination of Tailwind and Boardbooster, but I’d like to try this – even if it’s off brand.
- Inbox zero. I’m terrible at email, I often don’t check my email for days. Hopefully, I can get through it this week to start next week with a clean sleeve.
- I’m hosting a Q&A soon, you can still send in questions (via Twitter!)
- Write a press release. Learn more about my free publicity strategy that gets me in the press for free here.
And here are some weekly tasks I always schedule in my planning:
- Schedule Instagram posts + stories (as far as that’s possible!) with Planoly and Later.
- Schedule my Pinterest pins + campaigns with Boardbooster and Tailwind + add new blog posts to Tailwind Tribes (click here to read more about the tribes and how to use them).
- Keep track of my working hours + income. I use TopTracker to track my hours now that Timely only has a paid version.
- Send out my weekly newsletter. I use Convertkit for my blog newsletter as Convertkit is specially made for bloggers. I use Infusionsoft and Aweber for my business + press newsletters (different lists) because they demand more complex strategies. I did set up an easily automated PR strategy with Convertkit for new bloggers though – read more about it here.
- Update / create new courses. I have a couple of online courses that DO demand constant updates + creation. It’s not completely passive as many people think, but it can be when you need a week or so off. I use this platform to publish my online courses for free.
- Backup my photos / WordPress / iPhone / Computers etc. With this in mind, I’d literally die if I would use everything! I use OneDrive to backup automatically. I can give you a 0.5 GB bonus for free if you sign-up via this link.
Personal goal list:
- Work at least 50 hours. Just because I get so much more done when I’m focused and making a lot of hours. Working is what I love to do, so this won’t be a problem. I mean, I get to take photos, write and connect with like-minded people. How awesome?
- Go to the gym 6 times (and/or walk at least 10k steps a day, preferably more). In Oz, I’d walk 20k a day, but of course, I need more time to take 20.000 steps, so I’m ok with 10.000. Since doing so I feel so much healthier, so I can definitely recommend it to everyone. On a busy day filled with appointments and meetings I easily hit 10.000, but on a focused and productive day behind the computer, I only reach (iek!) about 500 steps. So I made getting my steps in a priority.
- Last week I received my Law of Attraction cards and I already love them. The design is beautiful and they definitely lift my spirits! I draw a card each morning and try to focus on that during the day. They help me focus on the positive. I always purchase my books from this site because they ship for free (worldwide delivery!) and ALWAYS have the cheapest deals and every book I need – I don’t get how it’s possible, but it saves me so much $$!
- Enroll in my productivity & time-management course here http://nonimay.teachable.com
- Enroll in my PR & Free Publicity Crash course here http://nonimay.teachable.com/
- Sign-up for my free video training for bloggers here to learn how to make a living off your blog when you have a small following
- Freshbooks accounting software http://www.freshbooks.com
- Thrivecart for my cart pages http://www.thrivecart.com
- Lynx – add multiple links to your Instagram bio http://www.lynx.com
- Creative Market – marketplace for fonts, photos & more creatives to buy my stock + mockup photos (without the tacky stock photo look!) http://www.creativemarket.com
- ClickFunnels – marketing funnel software to set up my marketing funnels http://www.clickfunnels.com
- Convertkit – email marketing for bloggers for my weekly blog newsletter http://www.convertkit.com
- Bluehost for my website hosting http://www.bluehost.com
- Shopify – CMS for e-commerce to create and build on my online shop http://www.shopify.com
- Fiverr – get everything (I mean EVERYTHING) done for just $5 to buy some designs http://www.fiverr.com
- Tailwind – the official Pinterest partner that schedules your Pins + optimize your pinning times & analytics http://www.tailwindapp.com
- TopTracker – time tracker to track my working hours http://www.toptal.com/tracker/
- AWeber – email marketing software to send my business newsletter http://www.aweber.com
- Infusionsoft – complete marketing solution to set up your email marketing + affiliate program http://www.infusionsoft.com
- OneDrive – Microsoft’s cloud platform to back up my life. http://www.onedrive.com
My week in images (follow me here to see them live + all video vlogs):
What are your plans for the week and which to do’s will help you slay your goals? Let me know via Twitter or Instagram!
You might also like to read:
Every afternoon that I don’t wanna work and need a break, I’m heading into the city from Manly. One of my favorite neighborhoods is Newtown because there’s something to do around the clock. (more…)
Recently I was invited for a lunch and tour through the Hortus Botanicus Amsterdam. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I visited every Hortus Botanicus in the big cities during my world trip, so I was super excited when I received the invitiation for a lunch in my ‘own’ hortus. (more…)
DubaiHi all! After what seems like forever away from my blog, I’m back with a massive photo update!
In the time of silence I had to move houses, had the flue and traveled to Indonesia, where I’m currently staying… Bali it is! I’ve been here for more than a month now and the internet is so bad that I haven’t got the chance to do a photo update yet! My iPhone got stolen (RIP), so unfortunately I can’t post on Instagram until I’m in Australia, next month. It’s been quiet, the down time is good… I think. I’ve read a lot and enjoyed the sun, the swimming pools and the food. Regarding the blog, I’m gonna start at the start, which means week 1. In this post I’ll share my photos from the 24hr flight, which I enjoyed SO MUCH, thank you so much Qantas x Fly Emirates! It was absolutely a pleasure to fly with Fly Emirates, and I’d love to do it again and again and again.. here’s why:Amazing: wake me up for food sticker, because duh, you can always wake me up for food! So the sticker basically equals relaxing down time with my eye mask on, without the stress of missing a meal. (Yes, I that’s the type of stress I have while flying haha). The food was so good!Oh and of course they sponsor Arsenal, so I had to check out the Arsenal World Channel.First stop: Dubai. Also known as sandy desert land…. this was literally 1 minute before we reached the airport.I’ve never seen a toilet shower like this. Amazing, the Middle East. And look at those palmtrees, just in the airport! Cray cray! It’s my first time in Asia, so I’m probably amazed with everything coming.So, then I flew off to Singapore. And what a space I had with the seat I booked! I was so happy with my seat, especially after I couldn’t go to the toilet for 7 hours because of the sleeping people next to me on the first flight. Yaay! I walked around a lot, had enough space to watch Denzel movies and eat dinner and take a good nap!Oh hai, Singapore… this was my on board stuff (A LOT due to all the magazines I bought last minute) and it was time for some refreshment! And oh yeah, look what this exotic Dutch princess found in the women’s: a beauty area! So much fun. Asia, you’re already awesome.Free hot/cold/ice water. Much needed after 20 hours in the air.And then I found an old friend of mine. Had to pay him a visit, I was hungry and jetlagged. I had no clue what time it was… I was still living on Dubai time and also kept the Dutch time in the back of my mind… confusing! So why not, burgers. Oh wait, how do I pay for them?? Oh no worries, I could pay with euro’s at the Singapore airport. Awesome. Although the airport was a bit boring, they should definitely work on their entertainment. I mean, a Disney photo wall doesn’t do it for me. The burger was basically the most exciting thing that happend there.And then finally… my first hotel! It’s actually a super nice one and I was happy I booked the room in advance, so I could immediately take a shower and go to bed! I arrived around 7 AM in Denpasar and I was soo tired… that’s why it was even more frustrating that something went wrong with my pick up – arranged by the hotel. I arrived, was dead tired and then had to figure this taxi thing out. And I didn’t do any research about money, taxi’s or… anything. So I saw a taxi desk at the airport and asked how much It’d be to Kuta. He said 400 rp. I read on the internet that it’d be aproximately 50.000 rp. So I told him that. He said 400. I said ok. In the end he meant 400.000 rp, not 400. So I had not only not enough money, but I also had to pay around $40. Silly man. 50.000 rp is like $4… So in the end I complained by the hotel and they ‘saved’ me, I only paid 150.000 rp, which is still a lot but hey, I was ‘at home now’ and finally get some rest.Hotel: Kuta Central Park HotelPhotos: Noni May with iPhone 4s (RIP)
You might also like to read:
- Always nice to receive invitations for 7 course dinners at rooftop restaurants with skybars and iceskating on the roof. A small photo diary for the fun night at Floor17:The food was delicious and they did a really good job with supporting my allergy free diet. I had a quick look at the hotel rooms of the Hotel Ramada Apollo Amsterdam and the rooms looked great, can’t wait to check in soon! I did a complete review of the night for Amsterdam Curated, so head over for the full (photo) report!
You might also like to read:
Hello! Sorry for the silence, I’ve been working very hard this week to catch up with everything (mostly my ‘blog post to do’s’). I’m still a little bit behind, but I hope to catch up this weekend!
Last week I was invited for a preview in the new Van Gogh museum and I loved it so much! The set up was a tour + a small brunch/lunch which turned out to be a small high tea! Cute mini pain au chocolats, cakes and small sandwhiches, juice and bubbles in champagne glasses… so nice on a regular weekday! I did not expect that at all, and had a little bit too much champagne already due to all the events that week so I skipped the chocolate pains and bubbles and watched the art! For the full report + photos head over to Amsterdam Curated!
You might also like to read:
Exploring Rotterdam, a million nice places discovered. Last weekend I went to Rotterdam for some good coffee, food and art.
Full photo report + city guide will come, but I wanted to share some snapshots with you!
You might also like to read:
For Amsterdam Curated I was invited to visit Anne, the play about the story of Anne Frank. Before the play, we were dining with a select group at the restaurant of Theater Amsterdam, ‘Boven de Planken’ and after the play we got a little backstage tour.
The food was good!! The menu was simple (three courses, veggie, meat and fish), the starter and the dessert looked amazing and the service was good. There was a large wine menu, and the best: you could order drinks before the start of the play, and in the intermission they were already served! The. Best.
The play itself was really intense, as it’s not a happy ending story. It was heavy and confronting to see the things you read about in a play, but I think they did a really good job turning the diary into a play! Bizarre.
I took a lot of photos, and still waiting for the official photos of the play, but I already wanted to share the dinning photos before writing a review about the restaurant and location on Amsterdam Curated. After the play we got a little backstage tour, it was really interesting to see where the different settings in the play where going and how detailed they are made!
You might also like to read:
I wrote about Turn On The Lights every past year on Amsterdam Curated. This year was extra special, because I was invited to watch the show from the VIP deck.
There was gluhwein, small dishes and it was cold, so they gave away scarves. Yaay! Turn On The Lights is the (new) tradition of the opening of the festive season in Amsterdam. I watched the show next to the mayor – just to make sure I had the best view possible 😉 It was freezing and soo cold (especially if you have to wait a long 40 minutes!) but the show was great! I filmed a lot, so more about that soon (probably in this week’s vlog!)
In the hunt for the perfect high tea, we ended up at Marks & Spencer for an English afternoon. Failure?
Nope. I looooved the scones and to be honest wasn’t that hungry so a full high tea would be a bit too much. All cafes were full or didn’t serve delicious tea’s, and in case of an emergency, the English always know what to do. Next time I’m visiting The Hague I really wanna do a Hello Kitty High Tea – I repeat – The Hello Kitty High Tea, looks awesome right?
You might also like to read:
A little while ago I visited the Etsy showroom
for some Christmas inspiration. And although it was only September (I believe?), I was in the mood for Christmas immediately. It’s always fun to see a webshop come to life, and although Etsy is a marketplace, it’s safe to say that I love that shop. I wrote a small report on my visit for Unicorn/Dream magazine, so head over and get in the Christmas spirit.