So, you’ve finally taken the step to start your own blog and you’re ready to earn 5 or 6 figures with your blog (check out this blogger who earns $100.000 EVERY MONTH!).
You’ve got a kicking design, and you’re ready to monetize your blog.
You’ve set up your newsletter strategy, your automated Pinterest strategy, and your Instagram strategy. You’ve maybe followed a course about setting up your passive income via affiliates, a course about Instagram and a course about running a successful Facebook page strategy.
You read my Ultimate Guide To Blogging to read all about it.
So why is nobody reading your blog?
Why isn’t your blog ‘bigger’ than it should be?
Let’s have a look at a couple of ways to boost your blog, so you get the shine you deserve!
Time needed: 5 minutes
How to boost your blog
- Update old blog posts for more traffic and better SEO score.
- Get serious with Pinterest for more traffic and more affiliate income (read this post!).
- Make the most out of free publicity.
When you’re featured in the media and on other blogs, you will quickly grow your audience with the right kind of people. I have a couple of free publicity and PR courses, and one free course on pitching, so check them out!
- Don’t forget to build a social media library and share old blog posts regularly.
If you’re always creating it’s easy to forget you need to promote your content and especially your older content. I have a list of 16 ways to drive traffic to old content here.
- Repurpose your content.
If you have a blog post, turn it into a podcast, various Pinterest pins, an audio blog post, a course or free email course etc. This way you’ll create new content, look more active on other platforms but still use old content so you don’t have to put that much effort in it!
- Guest post on other sites!
This one if obvious. It’s good for SEO if other blogs link to you, but it’s also good to get to know some other audiences! The other blogger has a post and you have a new audience to introduce yourself to. Winwin.
- Take over Instagram accounts for Instagram Stories takeovers.
Get yourself in front of other people’s audience and you’ll introduce yourself to new people! You can also do Insta or TikTok lives with other influencers.
If you want to read more about improving your blog, check out these blog posts:
- – The Complete Guide To: making money blogging when you have a small following
- – 50+ online income streams to make extra income online from home (to pay off debt)
- – 4 simple steps to starting a WordPress blog from scratch if you have zero technical knowledge
- – The tools I use to run my 5-figure automated business and blog.
- – Mailchimp vs Convertkit: growing your list to 5000+
- – How to use Tailwind Tribes to grow your blog and traffic on autopilot
- – The ultimate list 40 ways to promote your content: free guide content promotion tools
- – Free email course: A Media Kit That Sells to pitch to press and sponsor and become a professional blogger.
- – How to use Convertkit as a PR tool to automate the heck out of your PR strategy