There is nothing quite like being self employed. You have the freedom to work in your own space, take on a schedule that suits you, and you can avoid that ugly morning commute.
When you do work for yourself at home, there are a lot of things that can help you stay focused on the task at hand and make your day go smoothly. From getting yourself an amazing office set up to eating the right foods, here are some of the essential things you need to be productive working at home.
A great setup
To start with, you need a great working setup. This includes both your physical workspace and your company setup itself. For example, many new entrepreneurs don’t set up their business in a compliant way and this can be a huge issue should anything legally happen. By hiring attorneys with many years’ experience you can set up your business properly within guidelines and it will ensure you don’t encounter issues later.
A strong coffee
There is nothing better in the morning than a strong coffee. Making the perfect coffee to start your day will give you a boost of energy as well as help you to prepare for the day ahead. Here is a super simple caramel latte recipe you should try:
- 2 tbsp caramel coffee syrup
- 1 tbsp coffee
- 70ml water
- 300ml milk
- Start off by heating up your milk. Traditionally a latte will used steamed milk but most of us don’t have a steamer lying around at home. You can heat your milk on the hob or in the microwave.
- Add your caramel syrup to the milk and stir.
- Make an espresso using coffee and hot water. Once made, add this into your milk and stir.
- Taste for sweetness and add more caramel if you wish. For a Friday treat top this with a little bit of whipped cream.
Some healthy lunch ideas
It is so important when you are working from home not to get into any bad habits with your meals. That’s why preparing some simple and healthy sandwiches for your lunch times is a great option instead of ordering food or snacking on chocolate and crisps.
Grilled halloumi and eggplant sandwich
- 2 slices Seeded bread
- 1 slices eggplant
- 4 slices halloumi
- 2 slices beef tomato
- Start off by sprinkling a little bit of salt on your eggplant. Let this sit for 10 minutes. Once it has been sitting, use a paper towel to pay dry.
- Add your eggplant and halloumi onto a griddle pan and grill on both sides for a few minutes until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Lightly toast your bread.
- Spread houmous on both slices of bread, then add spinach, eggplant, halloumi, tomato, and top with the other slice of bread.
- Cut in half.
The BLAT is like a classic BLT with the addition of avocado! This healthy fat will fuel your afternoon and keep you focused.
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices beef tomato
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- Half an avocado
- Start by frying your bacon in a pan until crispy and golden. Remove, and then add your bread and toast on both sides for a minute or two.
- Spread some mayonnaise on each slice of bread, then add your lettuce, bacon, and tomato.
- Slice half an avocado thinly and add to the sandwich, top and cut in half.