Affiliate marketing is one of the ways you can earn money as a blogger and is great if you’re looking for ways how to make money as a blogger beginner. I also wrote about it in my Ultimate Guide To Blogging with a lot more information, but here are the affiliate basics and highest paying affiliate programs.
Because implementing the links correctly and using the right affiliate recurring affiliate programs for bloggers is crucial information if you want to earn money with affiliate marketing
I personally earn quite a large percentage of income with affiliate links, and this blogger earns over 1 million each year by implementing her strategies on her blog (read more about the strategies here).
Table of contents
- Affiliate Basics
- What is affiliate marketing?
- What to look for in the best affiliate marketing programs
- The top recurring affiliate programs for every niche:
- Best affiliate marketing programs related to Email marketing software programs with recurring affiliate income programs
- Best affiliate marketing programs related to Affiliate resources + affiliate programs with recurring affiliate income
- Best affiliate marketing programs related to Webhosting
- Best affiliate marketing programs related to WordPress with recurring affiliate income
- Get started with more passive income strategies
There are plenty of affiliate basics I wrote about already, and if you follow my courses you’ll learn more strategies. But did you know that there are affiliate marketing programs that pay you recurring income? I thought it was time to tell you about them so you can skyrocket your income. Promote about your favorite products and receive recurring affiliate income with these residual affiliate programs that are the highest paying affiliate programs.
Related posts: How to drive more sales on autopilot with affiliate marketing + The complete guide to making money blogging with a small following
What is affiliate marketing?
This is what affilorama says: ‘New to affiliate marketing? Not sure what it’s all about? Basically, it comes down to promoting products online to get a commission whenever a sale is made through your recommendation.’
Many bloggers have implemented this strategy already and I cannot wait to show you how to turn your blog into a money-making machine that lands you five figure months! First, let’s get started with affiliate marketing ok?
What to look for in the best affiliate marketing programs
So when you’re looking for new programs to promote, make sure they have the following three things in check:
- You love the product. I know, it’s easy to fall into the ‘promote as much as possible to earn more’ kinda-vibe, but that’s not smart. In fact, it’s very confusing for your readers and followers and you will end up earning less. Find your focus, and focus on just a couple of great affiliate programs to join so you promote products you use on a daily basis. You can explain the benefits best if you use the product yourself, so don’t get into the trap of promoting products you don’t use. I personally love Planoly to schedule my Instagram, Tailwind to schedule my Pinterest and to join tribes and Convertkit to send out emails and automate my PR strategy. Now, these are all tools I use on a daily basis. I can’t live without them! And I’m happy to promote them without getting paid for it, that’s how it should be!
- Will you receive long-term recurring commissions? Some affiliate programs only send you a fixed amount per sale, but some… pay you monthly as long as your lead is a customer. How awesome?! This is what you should look for in a great affiliate program, because you will earn more and more each month, instead of hustling each month to getting ‘x’ amount of sales just to get by. So many bloggers hustle to get a decent amount of income from being a Bluehost affiliate, but that’s very hard because there’s a lot of competition and they don’t pay recurring commission. I receive a monthly commission for everybody that signed-up via my Clickfunnel link after I signed-up using a fellow blogger’s affiliate link too and I’m happy to do so. I think this is a beautiful chain of people supporting each other while using awesome products to grow their marketing strategies and blogs. <3
- Tracking time. Some affiliate programs only pay you when your lead signs up within 14 or 30 days. This is fairly short when it comes to bigger buys like monthly memberships or expensive products/tools. People need some time to think about a big purchase, and it would be a shame if the cookie gets removed before they buy right?
The top recurring affiliate programs for every niche:
Head to your favorite category and see if some of the products you love are featured.
Best affiliate marketing programs related to Email marketing software programs with recurring affiliate income programs
Email marketing for bloggers. Drip content, set automations up, track URL’s and run your automated content upgrade delivery and email courses via Convertkit. Get the automations and email marketing tools you need to grow your blog and business. Join 13000+ bloggers and try ConvertKit today. I personally use Convertkit for my weekly blog newsletter and love it!
Looking for affordable and easy to use email marketing and autoresponder tools
Send email newsletters, campaigns, online surveys and follow-up autoresponders. Simple, easy interface. FREE sign up. I have personally used GetResponse when I used to work for some clients, and it’s very easy and ‘non-fancy’ software that does what it promises.
Host unlimited email subscribers for the standard fee of $39 a month with Podia. And you can also host your online courses and membership site with Podia, all without extra costs! What’s not to love.
Best affiliate marketing programs related to Affiliate resources + affiliate programs with recurring affiliate income
Affilorama is great if you want to get started with taking affiliates seriously. They bring you free affiliate marketing training, software and support. I absolutely love to forward new bloggers and everyone that wants to get started with affiliate marketing to affilorama!
Best affiliate marketing programs related to Webhosting
DreamHost is the leader in shared web hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud storage and cloud computing.
Best affiliate marketing programs related to WordPress with recurring affiliate income
Get the ultimate WordPress Toolkit for web design. A must-have for every WordPress bloggers!
Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin that helps you to shrink, cloak, track, organize, and share short links using your domain name and brand. Must have for every blogger and everyone that wants to get started with affiliate marketing!
MemberMouse™ is an easy to use WordPress membership plugin that allows you to sell products, subscriptions and memberships, set up a password protected member’s area, offer 1-click upsells and downsells, manage customers, automate customer service, track critical retention metrics and more. You need this!
Shopify is a complete e-commerce solution that allows you to set up an online store to sell your goods. It’s like the ‘WordPress’ for shop owners and it’s great. I use it for my e-commerce business too!
Developer of multiple Shopify Apps, I personally use their ‘recommended products’ app in my store.
Linx is awesome because it lets you add multiple links to your Instagram bio!
Click Funnels is a platform that allows you to create and configure a wide range of lead pages. These are professionally created themes that you can configure and help you make more sales. It’s great, I just got aboard!
Create high converting carts and upsells to boost sales. Set up checkout pages and one-click upsells specifically designed for marketers. Easily add bump offers, recurring payments, one-click upsells and more in seconds.
Proof is literally the best investment you can do when you sell things like ebooks and courses. It gives social proof by showing a tiny pop-up down the screen with ‘this person just purchased this product’. Easiest way to sell more!
Get started with more passive income strategies
I love passive income, and as affiliate marketing is just a small part of it, I figured you’d love my free ebook ‘passive income 101’. You can request your copy here: