It’s always been a dream of mine: earning money on autopilot with autopilot affiliate marketing software. And although it’s not easy, creating passive income streams is now easier than ever thanks to our best friend, the internet. There are bloggers that earn $50,000 per month, every month, just by using affiliate links. There are various ways, and I discuss most of them on the blog, but one I haven’t really gotten in to is driving revenue on autopilot by signing your business up for an affiliate program.
In a 2016 survey conducted online by Harris Poll, 82% of Americans say they seek recommendations from friends and family when considering a purchase. For referrals to consistently deliver bottom-line results, brands must invest in process and technology, and incorporate referral marketing into every aspect of the overall marketing strategy. When you take that approach, you’ll see more referrals and less hassle. I’m sure you’ve heard of affiliates before, and maybe even used them if you’re a blogger or social influencer. But did you ever think about signing YOUR business up for affiliates so others can promote your products? I sure did! So it’s time for a big step by step guide, so you can start making revenue on autopilot right now!
If you’re a blogger and want to learn more about affiliate marketing (without selling your own products:
If you want to learn more about using affiliate link of products you use on your blog and social media and make five-figures a month, make sure you enroll in the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course. I’m quite an experienced blogger, but after following that course, I had some new ideas for promoting and implementing affiliate links, so I can definitely recommend it!
How to drive more revenue on autopilot by signing your business up for an affiliate program the step by step guide
- It all starts with having an awesome product. This can be a software program, a template shop, an online course or an ebook. Everything you sell can basically be up for affiliates. But to enter this world you do have to have something for sale.
- Decide if you want to sign up to a network that does promo for you with a marketplace, or to a simpler network where you have to do all the promo yourself. The last option is the cheaper option, but a network will pay back for itself after a while (hopefully!).
- If you want to join one of the biggest networks, that also does your promo with their marketplace, sign up for ShareASale. ShareASale has a simple up-front pricing structure. There is a one-time Network Access Fee that occurs only after all the setup steps have been completed, and prior to activation on the network. Additionally, they require a $100 minimum deposit. This amount is used to pay the Affiliates and ShareASale for sales and other qualified leads that you define. Any amount left in your account that is not used to pay for sales, leads or fees to ShareASale can be refunded to you at any time that you wish to close your account. There are also recurring fees: There are two types of recurring fees you could incur with ShareASale – Transaction Fees and Monthly Minimum Fees. A transaction fee only occurs if an Affiliate sale/lead is made. These fees are based on the Merchant’s chosen payout rate. A monthly minimum fee occurs if, in a given month, your account does not generate a minimum of $25 in fees to ShareASale.
- If you want to join the smaller network and do the promo yourself, sign up for Ambassador, Infusionsoft or download the AffiliateWP plugin for WordPress.org.
- Ambassador knows a monthly fee of $300 (for starters) and has a beautifully designed visual editor. You schedule your demo first, and decide to stick with them after, so what are you waiting for? Schedule your demo now! Ambassador’s open API also seamlessly integrates with existing technologies, enabling companies to create a custom experience that aligns with their brand.
- Infusionsoft is my favorite! There’s so much you can do with Infusionsoft, it’s a bit overwhelming at first. I suggest you schedule a demo first, to explore the possibilities. In short? They focus on small businesses and have created a very powerful, integrated sales and marketing software solution that combines CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce, and payments solutions and a vibrant marketplace of apps, integrations, and partners. Which means, it can be a (cheaper) solution than getting let’s say, Ambassador, Convertkit and Leadpages together. I’d suggest you check it out!
- ShareASale, Infusionsoft, and Ambassador have trainings available to help you make the most revenue as possible.
- Start earning more revenue by having your fans spread the word! I bet, you’ll easily earn back your initial investment!
How to drive more revenue on autopilot by signing your Shopify shop up for an autopilot affiliate marketing software program the step by step guide
Do you have a Shopify shop? There are multiple ways to get started with affiliates. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to install an affiliate app of your choosing. From there, each app will take you through a specific onboarding process that will get you up and running with an affiliate program catered to your business and products.
1. Refersion: Affiliate Tracking
Refersion is an incredibly powerful referral platform. With over 100 reviews and a five star rating, its certainly one of the apps you’ll want to checkout. Best of all, it scales with your business. Start out on a free plan, and as you see the need to expand your affiliate offerings – upgrade to a paid plan.
2. LeadDyno: Easy Affiliate Marketing
Another popular autopilot affiliate marketing software app is LeadDyno. LeadDyno integrates with your Shopify store with just a few clicks, and is highly customizable. Pay your affiliates automatically or with “one-click” approval using Paypal, Dwolla or even Coinbase.LeadDyno totals and pays out affiliate commissions for you on the fly.
3. Omnistar Affiliate Software
With thousands of business owners using Omnistar as their preferred affiliate software, they’re for sure a platform you won’t want to skip when doing your initial testing. With big clients like Macy’s and Cisco – you know the software has to be good. You can get started with a 15 day free trial to play around with Omnistar.
4. Affiliatly: Affiliate Tracking App
An incredibly clean interface at a very reasonable price, Affiliatly comes highly recommended from its users. While Affilatly is a newcomer to the app store, it certainly packs a punch when it comes to features and reliability. Be sure to take a look at Affiliatly’s 30-day free trial to get a feel for how it works.
Another affiliate program app for your Shopify store is Enlistly. Enlistly helps you with things like custom commission rates based on affiliate, and transaction type. With a clean interface and a low monthly fee of just $9.99, this is certainly one app you’ll want to test out. (Source Shopify)
Join more autopilot affiliate marketing software programs!
And there are more programs you can join! Of course, you can join multiple networks but I’d not recommend that because it’s very confusing for your affiliates and expensive hehe. Other Affiliate marketplaces are ClickBank, ClixGalore, Affiliate Future, Rakuten or CJ. Want to read more about all the tools you need (most of them are free!) to run a monthly 5-figure blog and business?