Time for a quick movie/tv show update! Lately I was celebrating some time at home, before I left again for my Macedonia trip. My favourite thing to do at home? Watch stuff! Not ‘stupid’ Youtube videos, but binge watching seasons of tv shows and a lot of films. I was binging some stuff before I left, and in the plane, during traveling and stop overs etc. I also watched a lot. Please notice, I watched a lot of crimes the past weeks, but that was because I wasn’t living alone for the time haha. I’m not some dark freak, but I needed the thrill I guess. Now I’ll go back to action movies and romantic dramas 🙂
Here’s what (and why you should watch/not watch):
- Broadchurch. It all started out with Broadchurch. O. M. G. So addictive. I watched the original UK series and the best thing ever? I could watch all two seasons within 1.5 day. Woahh. Now I’d have to wait until season 3, but at least the mystery is solved for me. It’s a mystery/crime series, in a small town in the UK. The first season was soo good, and the second was also good but not as good as the first (will it ever be?). What I really loved about this show? The actors are great, and the story line is complicated, at one point I suspected everybody. But the thing that’s a bit lame? If I have to pick something.. some relationships between the characters and how all of a sudden they change. Oh and also the end conclusion.
- The Fall. Oke, Oke, so that one week I was really into these English crime series, and I had to watch another one. I was getting addicted. The Fall is totally different than Broadchurch, waaaaay darker but waaaay more thrilling. This series is really dark and ‘sick’, but soo good. I really enjoyed watching all two seasons in 2 days haha.
- The Killing. After the Fall and Broadchurch I felt there was not anything REALLY good left in the UK so it was time to move up north to Scandinavia. The Killing had been on my ‘to watch list’ for so long but I never had the time to watch all episodes. I had seen a few already, but I never watched all of them (in one day). I started one day, but ended up watching four days, because two seasons are a lot! I still have to watch the last two episodes of season 2 and season 3, but hello, I’m travelling now so it’s not gonna happen soon. Talking about a cliffhanger.. woaah. Oh, and btw, the Killing is set in Copenhagen and is about Copenhagen’s main police department and revolves around Detective Inspector Sarah Lund and her team, with each season series following a different murder case day-by-day and a one-hour episode covering twenty-four hours of the investigation. Fun, but very tiring, not so good for binge watching because it’s not THAT exciting/fast (kinda slow I’d say, because all episodes are 60 minutes). But still very worth watching.
- Mayday. Another British police mini series, but this one was not as good as the others. The end was very disappointing, but it’s about a cute British village and it’s kind of a cute story, not scary at all. But also kinda slow and the end is not worth it I’d say, so maybe watch this when you’ve absolutely seen everything in the whole wide world already.
- Dark Places. I already wrote an article about this film. I liked the book, but the film not so much. Why? Read it in my Dark Places the film vs the book post.
- Jurassic World.
- The Face of an Angel. Movie about the trial of Amanda Knox. I sort of followed the trial because it was so bizarre. But before I watched this movie, I didn’t know this film was about that trial. So after a while I was like ooooh…. The film was not very special, I’d not recommend it, although Cara Delivingne and Kate Beckingsale (LOST!!) star in it.
- The Hand that rocks the cradle. Oldie, but favourite. As I was into good (psychological) thrillers, I had to rewatch this movie. I used to have it on VHS and seen it already a thousand times but it was still very good. Go watch this film if you haven’t seen it yet.
- The Crush. Alicia, alicia. I love Alicia Silverstone so much so I decided to watch the thriller movie with her, about obsessive love. ‘The Crush’ was kind of a very bad movie, I’d not give it any higher than a 6/10 but it was fun to watch, Silverstone is very young in this movie, I think it was even before Clueless so… must watch 😉
- No good deed. In the plane to my first travel destination I watched No Good Deed. Because: Idris Elba, Thriller and Idris Elba as the psycho killer. Woaah. That’s one different way to look at him, for once he doesn’t play the good guy. The film was interesting, but in the end not very special. Could be fun for a movie night.
- In to the storm. So after No good deed I watched in to the storm. It was so boring, I was writing articles while watching haha. Not very special.
Oh and movies I’ve seen in the cinemas when I was in Australia and US that now showing in Europe.
- The age of Adeline
- Mad Max
Okay, so one of the things I always do in planes is see all the movies they show, write down the ones that sounds good but where I’d probably not have time for during the flight (because, the stress! Watching as much possible movies in 1 flight is sort of my thing haha ). So here are a few for my movie to watch list:
- The Entitled
- 12 rounds 2 reload
- Broken City
- The Gallows