*This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Please read my disclosure for more info.
Let’s start the new year right with this list of things to do before new year! I’m obsessed with getting things done just before the new year, and I can’t wait to share my annual end-of-the-year bucket list with you.
I like to start the new year with a clean slate, by cleaning everything out. Here are a few of my annual tasks that help me start the year as right as can be.
Top things to do before the new year with this end-of-the-year bucket list
- Chase everyone that owes you anything.
- Finally ‘delete’ all the Safari tabs on your iPhone. Guess what, I just did this in December and I found research for my weekend getaway from February (eek!).
- Complete your annual administration and bookkeeping.
- Start a new journal/notebook/bullet journal and if you start a bullet journal, create your index.
- Set a small weekly goal for the rest of the year and do it. (It could be as simple as waking up 10 minutes early!)
- Come up with your new year’s resolutions and create a plan of attack.
- Delete all paper clutter from your desk/house I like to go through all loose papers and toss them out once and for all.
- Clean your house, deep. Turn up the music and go for it, there’s no such thing as starting the new year with less clutter and a clean living space.
- Reflect on the past year, what are your accomplishments? Write them down! I always like to have one unplugged day at the end of the year, a day I can sleep in, chill down and reflect on the past year, and set some new goals for the new year.
- Write your future self a letter, and open it on a certain date.
- Create a weekly schedule that will work, where you’ve also enough time for everything you need like meditation, workouts and getting most of your work done.
- Go through your to-do list(s) and get everything done. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
- Finally get a VPN to start using the internet safely.
- Treat yourself to a spa day, or have an at-home spa day and take some rest, sleep in until you no longer can’t stay in bed.
- Go through all the clothes in your closet and declutter. Donate everything you haven’t worn in a while. Here’s a trick, put all your clothes with the hangers reversed, and at the end of the year you’ll see what you never wear. Also, read sell your clutter for cash
- Clean up your computer desktop. Delete unused documents and backup everything that’s necessary.
- Delete or use all your ‘drafts’. Over the year I start a lot of drafts, in my WordPress, in docs, on my desktop… I go through all these docs at the end of the year and delete everything that I no longer need. Ugh, digital clutter 😛
- Inbox zero is the ultimate goal just before the new year hits, so sort out your email and especially the email that’s been in your inbox for ages.
- Backup your phone. Remove all the photos and unwanted apps.
- Go through your saved Facebook posts, Pinterest likes and bookmarks and delete everything – because… are you really going through them at one point? I don’t think so…
You might also like to read: